Age of Magic Patch Notes 1.8: raids, rebalance, and the new event!
2018-12-18

Age of Magic Patch Notes 1.8: raids, rebalance, and the new event!

The long-awaited Age of Magic update is here at last! We introduce Clan Raids and Leaderboard, heroes rebalance, a lot of improvements, squashed bugs, and even a new event!

New game mode: Clan Raids

Join a Clan or create one to battle in one of the three Raids. Obtain high-level equipment and Raid Tokens and exchange them for Maedb Shards in the Raid Shop!

New Hero and Event: Winter’s Break

Assemble a squad of Barbarians to obtain Siegfried Shards and unlock the new hero from the Knights of the Council faction. Winter’s Break, the monthly event, starts up on December 19 and lasts for 5 days.

Hero rebalance

The healing mechanic has been altered. Healing is now based on the percentage of max HP of the heroes being healed, rather than the percentage of the healer’s max HP. We introduced this change to ensure that heroes with a larger HP pool are healed more efficiently and are therefore harder to kill, whereas heroes with a smaller HP pool have less HP restored.

The immortality buff mechanic (granted by Silver Moon and Azariel’s abilities) has been changed too. This buff can now disappear after the hero has endured several attacks. We did this so that heroes with low speed couldn’t remain immortal for too long.

Hero stats and abilities have also undergone some changes. These changes will help make Healer-based squads less efficient than before, all while ensuring Healers are as valuable as ever.

Azariel

Decreased base magic fortitude and physical fortitude.

Decreased base attack damage by 24%. Increased health steal by 27%.

  • Red Shadow: Decreased healing gained through health steal by 40%. Added a debuff which decreases enemy fortitude. Increased ability cooldown by 1 turn.
  • Brotherhood of Blood: Decreased healing power by 40%. Added a chance to restore Azariel’s initiative. Decreased the healing power of the buff gained by characters at low remaining health by 50%. Increased ability cooldown by 2 turns.

Ambror

Increased base attack damage by 20%.

  • Shot: Increased ability damage by 15%. Increased the mark’s slowdown time and power on all levels (40% max).
  • Dwarf Bolt: The ability now decreases the target’s dodge chance and cannot be dodged.

Arekhon Guard

  • Power of Arekhon: Decreased healing power by 26%.

Arekhon Shadow

  • Increased base attack damage by 16%.
  • Shadow Dance: Increased damage by 84%.
  • Shadow Judgement: Now the Shadow has a chance to attack another random enemy after casting the ability.

Swamp Killer

The Killer Strike and the Disemboweling swapped. Now Disemboweling has become a basic attack and does not have a cooldown, and cooldown for Killer Strike has been added.

  • Disemboweling: Decreased damage at all levels.

Abyss Hound

  • Howl of the Abyss: Now the ability ignores the target’s fortitude.

Blood Priest

Increased base attack health steal by 470%.

  • Cry of the Void: Decreased damage dealt to allied targets to 15%. Now depends on their max HP, rather than on Blood Priest’s.
  • Black Sacrifice: Decreased healing power by 22%. Added armor increase to allies. The less health an ally has, the more armor they gain. Increased healing gained by Arekhon heroes from ability level 6 onwards by 30%.

Kobolock

Decreased magic fortitude, base physical fortitude, and magic fortitude obtained through equipment.

  • Moonshine: Decreased healing power by 50%. Allied Kobold speed increases, while other heroes are slowed.

Xaart

Decreased magic fortitude, base physical fortitude, and magic fortitude obtained through equipment.

  • Darkness of Oblivion: Increased max dodge chance bonus to 30%. Dodge chance increase buff is now three times lower for heroes from factions other than Demon.
  • Illusory Immortality: Now decreases the damage taken instead of applying the Immortality buff. Decreased healing by 45% at all levels. Chance to resurrect several heroes now increases with the ability level (75% chance to resurrect two heroes and 25% chance to resurrect three heroes at once at ability level 7). Increased ability cooldown at ability level 7 by 1 turn. Decreased damage dealt to allies to 10%.

Succubus

  • Demonic Kiss: Decreased damage over time.

Lucky

Increased base health by 10%. Decreased magic fortitude obtained through equipment.

  • Decreased base damage by 20% at all levels.
  • Overgrowth: Removed the increased healing buff.
    Decreased the power of healing gained by heroes whose health is lower than 50% by 45%.   Added a buff decreasing the damage from the next few attacks. Decreased healing over time power by approximately 30%. Changed healing over time mechanic. The less health an ally has left, the more efficiently they’re healed.  Increased ability cooldown by 1 turn at all levels.
  • Lifebloom: Decreased healing power by 40%. The resurrected hero is granted a healing over time buff. Increased ability cooldown at ability level 7 by 2 turns.

Blood Mage

Increased base attack damage by 50%.

  • Dusk of Arekhon: Now passively decreases the percentage of any healing gained by an enemy. Increased damage over time from the ability by 200% and changed duration to 2 turns.
  • Rivers of Blood: Increased damage by 175%. Increased debuff duration from ability level 6 onwards.

Silver Moon

Decreased base physical fortitude and magic fortitude obtained through equipment.

Decreased base attack damage by 25%.

  • Healing Flow: Decreased healing power by 30%. The ability now has a chance to grant immunity to damage over time debuffs.
  • Waters of Life: Decreased healing power by 30%. The immortality buff is now granted to the several heroes at the lowest health rather than everyone. Has a chance to remove a random debuff from an ally.

Kharannah

Increased base health by 20%. Decreased base physical fortitude and magic fortitude.

  • Healing Light: Decreased healing power by 15%. Now increases magic fortitude for all allies. Increased ability cooldown by 1 turn.
  • Light of Heroes: The resurrected heroes now return to battle with less health. Only one resurrected hero will gain more powerful healing, equal to regular healing.

Hargrim

Decreased base physical fortitude, magic fortitude, and magic fortitude obtained through equipment.

Decreased base attack damage by 18%.

  • Light of Earth: Decreased healing power by 30%. Increased ability cooldown by 1 turn.
  • Power of Mountains: Decreased ability cooldown by 2 turns at all levels.

Hilia

Decreased base magic fortitude.

Decreased base damage by 35% at all levels.

  • Poisoned Healing: Decreased healing power by 45%. Increases armor by a certain percentage. Armor increase buff is now two times lower for heroes from factions other than Ra’Archne.
  • Decreased ability cooldown from 8 to 6 turns at all levels. Decreased damage over time debuff duration on allies from 3 to 2 turns at all levels.
  • Mimicry: Removed ability dodge buff for everyone except Ra’Archne. Added an armor piercing buff, which will be more powerful for Ra’Archne heroes than others.

Other Changes and Improvements

  • Friend requests now appear in the Friends interface.
  • You can now view ability details for the next level beforehand.
  • Decreased the drop chance of some level VI equipment elements (Spellbook, Talisman, and Spyglass fragments) in the regular campaign, as they can be obtained from Raids.
  • Increased the amount of equipment available in the markets.
  • Increased the daily rewards.
  • Changed Clan Quest rewards. You can now obtain better loot for completing the more difficult quests, and less for easier ones.
  • You can now resend an expired request to join a clan.
  • Now requests to join a Clan are reset if the Clan status is changed from Upon request to Closed.
  • New request / invitation indicators are now located in the main menu.
  • Added profile pictures to the chat. Tap the picture to open the player’s profileTap the Clan name in the information interface to see the Clan’s details.
  • Profanity filter now reacts to words with repeated characters.
  • Completed Events no longer appear in the main menu.

Bug Fixes

  • AI-controlled heroes no longer attempt to kill immortal heroes at low health.
  • At least one position in the market now changes upon refreshing.
  • You can no longer exceed the member cap in the Clan by accepting new members and replacing current ones.
  • Fixed some errors in Clan Quests localization.
  • The player’s heroes now appear correctly when viewing them at the Arena.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented attacks from displaying properly on the Arena.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Tournament window from closing.
  • Fixed a bug that caused incorrect information about maxed out abilities to appear.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the daily quest list to disappear when quickly tapping the Claim button.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the daily quest timer from refreshing properly.
  • Fixed Ra’Archne Queen’s animation at 4x battle speed.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Chest names and prices from displaying properly in the Shop after the update.
  • Fixed item sorting in faction chests, offers, and the victory screen.
  • Various improvements in the item search interface, claiming rewards, mail, and display of blocked players. Fixed dozens of other minor bugs.